Copyright© UK Genealogy Online 2017          :        Back to Main Index

Cilrhedyn [Kilrhedyn] Parish





Now completely Derelict, just a few gravestones remain.

Ordnance Survey Map Reference : SN279349

Parish Registers : Pembrokeshire Record Office

Baptisms 1800 - 1978
Marriages 1754 - 1837
Burials 1800 - 1812

Bishops Transcripts : National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
1676, 1678-81, 1683, 1685-90, 1702-03, 1705-06, 1799-1807, 1809-57,
1861, 1864-65, 1868-70, 1872-74. IGI chr 1799-1874

View Larger Map 

Cilrhedyn Parish Register Images

Banns 1754-1820
Births & Baps
Marriages-1813-1922

 

Cilrhedyn Baptisms 1813-1875 - Parish Registers

Cilrhedyn Baptisms 1799-1874 - BT's


Marriages 1813-1837

Burials 1813-1851


Cilrhedyn Census Images 1841-1901

1901 Carmarthenshire Strays

Owners of Land 1873

Cilrhedyn Genuki
Cilrhedyn Church

hjk
Cilrhedyn Church 1863
hyp

Remains of Cilrhedyn Church

Cilrhedyn is a hamlet and parish in the counties of Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire, Wales. It is situated in the hill country to the south of the Teifi valley. The Afon Cych divides it into two unequal parts: West Cilrhedyn, Pembrokeshire and East Cilrhedyn, Carmarthenshire. The parish church is in West Cilrhedyn.

The placename is Welsh, meaning "bracken nook"[1]. The area remains a bastion of the Welsh language.
The parish of West Cilrhedyn (Pembrokeshire) is now part of the community of Clydau. It had an area of 887 Ha, and consisted entirely of scattered farms. Its census populations were: 215 (1801): 257 (1851): 190 (1901): 127 (1951): 105 (1981). The percentage Welsh speakers was 100 (1891); 97 (1931); 94 (1971).

The parish of East Cilrhedyn (Carmarthenshire) was merged with the parish of Cenarth in 1934, and it is now part of the community of Cenarth. It had an area of 2238 Ha, and included the villages of Capel Iwan 51°59′55″N 4°29′32″W / 51.99861°N 4.49222°W / 51.99861; -4.49222 and Cwmorgan 51°59′12″N 4°29′8″W / 51.98667°N 4.48556°W / 51.98667; -4.48556. Its census populations were: 517 (1801): 806 (1851): 691 (1901): 570 (1931). The percentage Welsh speakers was 100 (1891); 99 (1931).

 

dfr  fvb

hyp

<% Sub GenerateSearchOptions() Response.Write "" End Sub %>