Copyright© UK Genealogy Online 1993, 2017

Return to Main Index

LLANELLI PARISH

Park Howard

ddd

 




Llanelli, St Elli, Parish Church
Ordnance Survey Map Reference : SN507005

Parish Registers : Carmarthenshire Record Office

Baptisms 1684 - 1923
Marriages 1684 - 1971
Burials 1684 - 1930

Bishops Transcripts : National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth
1686-87, 1703-04, 1711-12, 1718, 1724-28, 1730-33, 1735-1800, 1802-55
1862-89. IGI chr 1813-75, marr 1813-1837


View Larger Map 

St Elli Church Parish Register Images

1813-1833-baptisms-St Elli
1833-1849-baptisms-St Elli
1850-1857-baptisms-St Elli
1857-1881-baptisms-St Elli
1867-1907-baptisms-St Elli
1684-1812-Burials-St Elli

1813-1847-Burials-St Elli
1847-1907-Burials-St Elli
1867-1871-Burials-St Elli
1908-1930-Burials-St Elli
1930-1952-Burials-St Elli
1754-1772-Banns-St Elli
1780-1813-Banns-St Elli

1813-1869-Banns-St Elli
1697-1754-Marriages-St Elli
1754-1772-Marriages-St Elli
1788-1812-Marriages-st Elli

1828-1837-Marriages-St Elli
1837-1847-Marriages-St Elli
1847-1859-Marriages-St Elli
1859-1881-Marriages-St Elli

 

St Pauls Church Register Images

1851-1874-baptisms
1851-1978-Burials
1874-1905-Baptisms
1880-1910-Marriages
1905-1907-Baptisms
1922-1926-Marriages

 

All Saints Parish Registers

1867-1907 baptisms-All Saints
1874-1907 Baptisms-All Saints

 

Christ Church Parish Registers
1923-1926-Marriages-christ-church

1898-1912-Baptisms- Christ Church

1922-1926-Marriages - Christ Church

 

St David Parish Registers

1851-1874-Marriages-St David
1898-1907 baptisms-St David

 

Trinity Chapel Felinfoel Parish Registers

Baptisms-1858-1880

Baptisms-1908-1948
Burials-1858-1918
Burials-1918-1945
Marriages-1858-1880
Marriages-1880-1825

 

Llanelly Non-Conformist Register Images

Llanelly St Elli Marriages 1687-1837 Index

Llanelly St Elli Burials 1697-1903 Index

Llanelly St Elli Baptisms 1742-1812 Index

Llanelly 1841 Census Digital Images

1841-1901 Carmarthenshire Census Images

 

Glyn District Census 1841 1901 Index

Llanelly 1891 Census INDEX [Town Only]

 

Llanelli & District Cemetery [Box Cemetery] Digital Images

 

Llanelly Guardian BMD's 1863

 

Llanelly Mercury BMD's

 

GRO Index 1837-1875 - Llanelly Births

GRO Index 1837-1875 - Llanelly Deaths

GRO Index 1837-1875 - Llanelly Marriages

Llanelly Guardian BMD's 1865

 

Adulam : Felinfoel : Registers

Adulam MI Photographs

Adulam History

Wesleyan Chapel : Hall Street

Capel Als : Llanelly Registers

 

Capel Ifan Pontyberem : Burials 1851 -1914

Capel Ifan Burials Digital Images 1835 -1914

All Saints Church Burials 1878-1930

Capel Newydd : Felinfoel Road

 

Llanelli Wikipedia

Llanelli Genuki

Dafen Community Website

The Parish Churches

 

Old Llanelly by John Innes 1902

Pigots Directory 1822
Pigots Directory 1830
Pigots Directory 1835
Pigots Directory 1844

Llanelly 1897 Davies's Directory

Llanelly Trade Directory 1901

History of Llanelly

History of Pontyberem

TREM YR OL Pontyberem - [In Welsh]

Potts' Mining Register 1893

Slaters Directory of Llanelly 1895

Slaters Directory of Llanelly 1910

Kelly's Directory of Llanelly 1923

Kelly's 1904 Directory of Printers Etc.

 

 

Adulam Felinfoel

fj

 

Adulam

uhiojhnk

 

Bethel Seaside

fdh

 

Siloah Seaside

f7

 

Caersalem Dimpath

 

sdfg9

 

Glenalla, Glenalla Road Llanelly

vfr8

 

Capel Newydd, Felinfoel Road

jkl8

 

Hall Street Chapel

dsfh

 

 

Soar

hgj

 

Zion, Upper Park Street

dfh

 

St Pauls Church [Before Demolition]

fto

 

St Pauls Church [Before Demolition]

cdf

 

Llanelli Public Library

 In 1850 the Public Libraries Act of Parliament was passed that allowed the people of a parish, however small to levy a rate of one penny in the pound to provide a library building. Not all local authorities took advantage of the new legislation and Llanelli was one of them. This lack of interest was probably because the new Board of Health had enough problems to cope with including, lack of proper sanitation, bad roads, inadequate markets, a poor water supply, the need to light the town, to mention just a few.
During 1854 plans were submitted for a new building to house the proposed new library and three sites were considered by the committee set up to oversee the project. A site adjoining the South Wales Pottery, on land belonging to William Chambers was one of the three sites considered by the committee and the rates were reported to be £20 per acre. The committee reported that plans and drawings had been received from the architect and there was every possibility that the matter would proceed immediately. Funds were raised by public subscription to build a literary, scientific institution, which became known as ‘The Athenaeum’. The original Llanelly Athenaeum Trustees included: Richard Thomas Howell; James Buckley; John Pasley Luckraft; William Thomas and William Henry Nevill.
John Pasley Luckraft was the uncle of Charles Moore Luckraft who is honoured in the oyster shell reported in another article in this newsletter. You can see them both in the Naval Tree in the Luckraft trees on the website

 

 

 

Llanelly House

sjdh

 

Thomas Arms

wrnbgghj

 

Sandy Water Park

er76

 

sd78

 

 

dfgh

 

dfjhj

 

sdddd

 

vbnvbnvb

 

vbvbn

 

 

 

LLANELLY PARISH CHURCH

 

bu

All Saints [formed out of St Elli]
Christenings (1874-1927) Marriages (1874-1974) Burials (1878-94, 1930 53) at Carm.RO

 dfg9

Christchurch [formed out of St Paul 1912]
Christenings (1898-1954) Marriages (1887-1973) Banns (1893-1961) at Carm.RO

Dafen [formed out of Llanelli 1879]
Christenings (1874-1947) Marriages (1874-1959) Banns (1874-1963) at Carm.RO     Burials (1878-) with incumbent

Felin-Foel [formed out of Llanelli 1879]
Christenings (1858-1948) Marriages (1858-1976)  Banns (1858-1963  Burials (1858-1956) at Carm RO

Llwynhendy [formed out of Dafen]
Christenings (1882-1946), Marriages (1939-71) at Carm.RO

Pontyates/Pont-Iets [formed out of Llangendeirne and Llanelli]
Christenings (1872-1945), Marriages (1858-1970) at Carm.RO

Pontyberem [Capel Ifan] [An ancient chapel in the parish of Llanelli apparently restored by the Methodists for their own use in the eighteenth century, repossessed by the Church in the 1830s. The new church consecrated in 1894]
PR C (1839-1922) recorded in 1933 apparently lost.
Christenings (1921-48) Marriages (1838-1971) Burials (1835-1932) at Carm.RO

St Alban [formed out of St Elli]
Christenings (1912-65) Marriages (1915-70) at Carm.RO

St David [formed out of Christ Church]
Christenings (1898-1951) Marriages (1901-70) Banns (1901-66) at Carm.RO

sdf

 

St John [formed out of St Paul]
Christenings (1898-1940) Marriages (1889-1968) at Carm.RO

St Paul [formed out of St Elli 1846]
Christenings (1850-1945) Marriages (1851-1970) Burials (1851-1901) at Carm.RO

St Peter [formed out of St Paul]
Christenings (1898-1953) Marriages (1880-1981) at Carm.RO

 

 

Park Howard

 

 

Stepney Street 1913

ffr

 

Stepney Street 1936

hhh

Town Hall Square 1956

olol

 

Vaughan Street C1913

dft

 

Church Street C1930

dvo

 

Stepney Street C1915

bni

 

Vaughan Street C1911

vrk

Market Street C1916

hhj

 

Market Street C1911

bgn

 

Market Street C1922

cwq

 

Salamanca Road (now Station Road), Llanelly, C1930


Salamanca Road [Station Road] C1916
ccv

Station Road (alias Salamanca Road), C1912
xcv


Stepney Street C1898
ghj

Coleshill School & Town Hall Gardens
GH

sdf

hg

kiju

gtyh

bvbvb

vvvg