PEMBROKESHIRE

BOULSTON

[Index]   [Contact Us]

 

 

PEMBROKESHIRE

BOULSTON

 

  Boulston Church

Ancient Church at Boulston
The ruins of Boulston Church, once the private mausoleum of the Wogan family, lie on the rivers edge and are obscured by trees and bushes which have grown over and into the ruins. In and around the Church are fragments of dressed stones and broken memorial tablets testifying to the long departed glories of the Wogan family. There is one slab, which is richly carved with the crest and coat of arms of the Wogan’s. A tiny child effigy has been removed for safe keeping to a nearby Uzmaston Church. The Church has many features that commend it to public interest, but its chief distinction unknown to most people is that it is one of only two Parish Churches and churchyards in the country privately owned. The Church was rebuilt by Robert Innes Ackland in 1843, but since then it has gone into decay. The ruins of Boulston Church and the immediate land it stands on is owned by the Welsh Church Commissioners.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]

house

WELCOME?

 

Boulston Parish Register Images

Baptisms-1813-1878
Burials-1799-1913
Marriages-1754-1921

 

Boulston Census Images

 

Visions of Boulston

Old Boulston Manor

Boulston Manor Church

 

Boulston ManorUzmaston & Boulston Church

and Community Hall

 

Boulston Genuki

Boulston Wikipedia

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


View Larger Map